WATCH FOR IT: A BRAND NEW WEBSITE IS COMING SOON
WE ARE REDESIGNING THIS SITE (IT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR FIFTEEN YEARS!)
Monday, September 11, 2016 at Mount Vernon
What is a Running Centipede? GO HERE to find out!
Alexandria celebrates George Washington's birthday better than any city!
Join the thousands of citizens and visitors participating in our annual remembrance and 284th birthday celebration of the father of our country throughout February:
-Cherry Challenge local restaurant competition (Jan 28-Feb 11)
- Birthnight Banquet and Ball at Gadsby's Tavern Museum (Sat, Feb 13 @5:30pm)
- George Washington Classic 10K Race and 2K Fun Run (Sun, Feb 14 @8am)
- Revolutionary War Reenactment at Fort Ward Park (Sun, Feb 14 @10-3pm)
- Walking with Washington historic tours in Old Town (Sundays-Feb 7, 14, 21, 28)
- 18th Century Dance Classes at Gadsby's Tavern Museum (Jan 28, Feb 4, Feb 11)
And on Monday, Feb 15:
- Friendship Veterans Fire Engine Association Meeting+Breakfast, Hotel Monaco, 9-10:30am
- Wreath Laying Ceremony at Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the Revolution, 11-12pm
- Armed Forces Community Covenant in Market Square, Old Town @11-12:30pm
- George Washington Birthday Parade in Old Town @1-3pm
- Free admission to multiple historic sites on parade day
The George Washington National Masonic Memorial will host additional events at the memorial on Saturday, Feb 27th:
- National Historic Landmark Unveiling Ceremony (10:00am)
- Symposium, "From Relics to Repositories: Preserving George Washington's Legacy Yesterday and Today" (1:00pm)
- George Washington Birthday Gala Celebration (5:30pm)
Volunteer to help maintain our celebration as the premier Washington birthday celebration event in the nation. Over 200 volunteers make these events happen each year.
Subscribe to the monthly newsletter for the latest developments, information and volunteer opportunities.
Contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) us with any questions or comments.